Saturday, June 13, 2009

Some Bollywood notes

Mom got this new bollywood fever from my sister. Everytime she turns up in the room,I am forced to turn to channels like MTV, 9XM , Channel V etc. etc. at her behest. Meanwhile I cant help but notice that Bollywood songs are getting stupider than ever.
  • There are songs which keep on repeating some phonetically ugly words ,which I doubt even the actors involved understand. Theres "Nagada nagada nagada....and so on", "Marjaani marjaani. marjaani....something something" ;" Mauja hi mauja" etc etc.
  • Then theres this unbelievably lame song made out of "Jack and Jill went up the hill".
  • "Love mera hit hit" is so gross ..so gross...that you almost want to watch it again to appreciate how bad deepika padukone and shahrukh look in it.
  • Akshay Kumar looks awful as a surd.My hands automatically crawl towards my hair and start pulling them apart at the sight of all those surds dancing in "Singh is King".
  • Katrina Kaif amazes me how she has got so many fans among my friends. She looks total fake in all the acting or dancing acts I've seen her.
Though after about half an hour of pleading and hair pulling, and some other tactics that I employ,my mom allows me to change the channel by saying " Evn I didnt like these songs earlier.You have to listen again and again to get used to them."(I hope that time never comes.)

P.S: I absolutely love Sonam Kapoor's dance gigs in Delhi 6.

3 comments:

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

bollywood sux... so do it's songs lately..
well said
your hair tearing expression, that was funny
singh is king, is the most awful soundtrack of bollywood
they will do anything for adding some beats, however rubbish it makes the song, the best song is 'Kahin to Hogi Wo' as per me without any beats
anyway great written once again

Mainak said...

The FM, I believe, is culpable to some extent. The same songs keep repeating through the day. Some of the better Bollywood numbers don't get played simply because they don't appeal to the 'public'.

Piyush said...

@Mainak: Correct observation,but still ,there is a gradual deterioration of Bollywood songs. Lyrical value is more-often-than-not sacrificed for use of pathetic regional slang words,and dance numbers that can be played in a Discotheque are gaining preference.