Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Elixir of Rebellion

Do you ever get a feeling that you're not in control of your own life? That your body is acting on its own and you're just watching and commenting from the outside?What would you do if you've not grown into the person you always wanted yourself to be? Would you continue living the life other's want to you to live? Continue feeling numb?


When we possess the heart of a child,
Life is fluid,this world a dream
Our imagination is runnning wild
blood full of passion-eyes agleam.

Powerful are intuitions,instincts strong
Its life's most beautiful stage
A child's innocence- we know no wrong
But Alas! This society is nothing but a cage.

We never repelled and rebelled,
followed obtusely what they taught at the schools
Gone is the power we as young ones held
For now we are chained by the rules.

By logic and principles,we are bound and gagged.
Abandoned our dreams,abandoned our souls
Under pressure,we lagged and sagged,
blinded by short term goals.

To everyone,I have only this message to give,
Rise from the ashes , save yourself from the drown-
Live the life you always wanted to live
and Break down the rules before the rules break you down!


So remember - your life is a priceless gem
Dont let it follow blindly what the so called "wise men" teach
But also be warned- For I am one of them ,
and I dont practice what I preach!


P.S:


Go on! Live a life.Take risks.Mess the unmessed. Ramble arbitly!
Make theories clever and wise,
on whatever arbit things you like...even if they are mice!

(Dedication to all those MaC blog writers out there)

5 comments:

Rohan said...

sahi hai bhai...
achchi poem hai....
kuch samjhaunga poetry ke style ke baare me kabhi jo mujhe laga...

And thanks for dedicating the last stanza to mac bloggers
and Also loved I dont practice what I preach... hehe..

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

thanks for the dedication seriously...take risks, mess the unmessed ! cool
anyways,
your english and creativity are soaring every passing day and your poetry skill is almost envious- the way you adjust so tough words into proper rhyme schemes.
Now on the post:
As I have always protested against following rules of the society,I stand no chance of protesting to a single word as the thoughts reflected here are quite easily what I feel too and same will be my message... broaden your thinking- there is a life beyond being born, studying ,loving, marrying, socializing, earning and gradually dying. Explore that and change if necessary.
P.S. Hitler and similar dictators are born via this path only- that of change, so be sensible at least while thinking
And the last line, I was just thinking of changing it to my blog's headline, don't follow what I preach..and you have put it up so brilliantly. nice work. it avoids the possibility of creation of more Sant Ramanand whose death in Vienna causes destruction in India for his followers.
Anyways, great work; keep it up.

Unknown said...

well, therz a fifth blogger too now... i.e. PGM... shudve included him and yourself too...

HacKitT said...

What are the blogs referred to here ??

I know about messingtheunmessed, micetheory, and myarbitramblings.

If there are any others, pls tell me...

-K

Piyush said...

Yea theres PGM's blog now..he didnt even tell me. pradiator.blogspot.com

@Kshitij: Those were all the blogs.