Monday, June 22, 2009

Things that made Semester 2 meaningful

(In random order)

1.Politics and Seniors: A very emotional experience at that time.Looking back,it was a great learning curve,and easily made up for the interactions I missed with seniors due to lack of ragging.(Even though I had many more interactions than most of my batchmates)..and it made the farewell all the more meaningful to me.
Good or bad,they were colorful personalities I'll surely miss.Also the Football seniors and their valuable ,or rather,invaluable advice.

2.Star Wars and Queen Amidala: 6 Star War movies in a short span will no doubt influence even the most unfeeling, unresponsive, unconcerned of viewers.The Jedi-Sith philosophy is very applicable to real life,and I could straight away relate to Anakin Skywalker.Natalie Portman as Queen Amidala totally took over my mind , until I slowly recovered from the Star Wars fever.The order in which I watched them was 1,2,4,5,6,3...and the last movie was a masterpiece. A fitting ending to my journey in the Star Wars universe.

3.Professor Tripathi: Well I admired him for his maths right from the RMO camp, because I had not seen anyone 'that' good at Maths uptil then.He turned out to be my course advisor,and in an ironic twist of fate,The Quizzing Club President. After all this,the allotment of his course in this semester came as another pleasant surprise.
Even though he has his critics among many Mac Guys including me,I am still under the influence of his injections of Inspirational stories.The Stic Dinner was probably the most invigorating of Sem 2 experiences. I hope I continue to stumble upon him in the remaining part of my IIT life.(or maybe even afterwards).

4.Professor R.Chatterjee:
Though altogether different from Prof. Tripathi, she did what any prof. in the world would have had a tough time doing- made my life in Quantum Mechanics easier. Her insights on the PHP lab practicals was something that really kept my interest going on ,though at the same time inviting accusations by fellow batchmates of buttering and that I liked her only because she favoured me.Maybe it was similar to a self fulfilling prophecy,she expected me to do well,so I kept my interest going in her subjects as I didnt want to let her down.
Thumbs up for her broad-mindedness and interactive nature.


5.Andrew Lloyd Webber: Though I didnt mention this to anyone.This composer literally added a soundtrack to my life. Whenever I was all alone,in R2 or cycling to the Insti..or Library..I would put on his marvelous instrumental music.

6.Quizzing:There was more to quizzing than our hot attractive QC Secy.All the quizzing work I had been doing got official status,and I can feel That after a year,I have gone a level up.I even got selected as a wild card in a Comp and went as far as last 8!
Many things to look forward to next year!{Hopefully they would not involve me and Kshitij blowing up balloons and sticking in invitation cards in them. ;) }

7.Badminton and Basketball:Semester-2 witnessed an increase of Badminton Night outs,mostly with Vipul and Rohan.and I even managed to beat Vipul twice or thrice.Now,mocking him is almost as fun as playing.
With the election of Kshitij as Basketball captain,we made some errands to the Basky Court.Once we even beat a team of outsiders 4 on 4: ME,Kshitij,Raghu,Vipul.

8.Humanities: Hmmm not so much...But Still it showed me a side of IITD I longed for: Art,and Things other than just application-based science.


P.S : Some persons/incidents I might have missed.

2 comments:

AB said...

Thumbs up to the hot/attractive QC secy bit. For us old timers, she'll be the only thing that keeps us going.

Piyush said...

Thats great.and she'll surely have an effect on the fresher enthusiasm towards QC.