Thursday, June 11, 2009

An Ode to a Loser

When ..
You're down and out
You're losing every bout
Your every surety is fazed by a doubt
Every victory is replaced by a rout,

Then just consider this thought, my friend
which...I'll tell you in the end.

When..
You're losing every battle you ever fought
You're missing your every shot.
You feel like you're losing the plot
Not being able to confront life's onslaught,


Then just consider this thought, my friend
which...I'll tell you in the end.


When ...
In every exam,you fail
Suffering losses on a massive scale
Your life is a tragic tale
And no one is there to hear your wail,

Then just consider this thought, my friend
which...I'll tell you in the end.


When...
You're getting betrayed by your closest mate
You're in a miserable state
You're left with no answer to life's debate
'Loser' is the sole word written in your fate,


Then just consider this thought, my friend
which...I'll tell you in the end.

When...
You are going through a tough phase
Not keeping up with life's pace
You're losing every race
Double faulting when you should have delivered an ace,
(In short, you're a hopeless case)


Then My friend, consider this thought
that about 20 years ago one day, you were the fastest sperm among the lot!




P.S:
1) I should probably say 'one night' in the last line . ;)
2) Some French Open influence in the last para.
3) Assumption,you're app. 19 years old, as I am. Make adjustments to the last line if you're not.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

every single person was the fastest sperm "that night"

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

it was better off without the last line, seriously so well written and the last line was just .....below your level, means expected better consolational things from your side

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

didn't know where to comment for this ,but how come you gave Chak De 5 only out of 10.. it's one of the better bolywood movies

Piyush said...

@Divyam:Yea...so the jest is every single person has that achievement. So you're not a complete loser.Talk about being optimistic.

@ Sid:Yea...but couldnt think of any other consolation. I read this sperm joke long back.
Actually I made my loser such a big loser,that I myself couldnt think of any consolation.

Piyush said...

@Chak de:

Shahrukh just didnt fit in as a coach.and the charaters and story is completely contradictory.
All the time its like they are playing for the country(not themselves),and still the lead player says she wont pass that she wants to show to her fiance what she is made of.That is just one of the many scenes.That evil senior player suddenly has a tranformation of charater to the good side wihout any emotional complexities.
I am not being a sexist here ,just practical..that a girls team can never beat Indian men's team in even a half.(and that also without much practice).Either you make a completely fantasy dreams-turned-into-reality story.or you make a realistic one.This movie doesnt go in either direction.
Acting(even by shahrukh) was pathetic.
Only thing I liked was that Chd girl in the movie ,and I have a weakness for sporty girls and rags to riches stories.

Rohan said...

sahi hai....
fastest sperm..
I never read that joke...
haan may be tere wala character bade wala dash tha...