Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A God's workshop in an Idle mind...Part II

I recently payed a visit to the local temple,at my dad's request.Its probably been a year or so since I last went there.I tried to resist, but again I found myself talking to myself .

Me: Hello .I am here again.Well I am not going to argue if you exist or not, lets just assume you do.

Hanuman's idol: --------------------(blank)

I stand there for the next few mins ,being all spiritual and mystical.and then moved on..

Krishna's idol:Hello there.

Me:Hi...Er...I dont want to look selfish and all,but I'm gonna do what everyone does in a temple.(Except some nut cases,ofcourse).
I have a few wishes.

Krishna's idol: *Sighs .I am not a Jinn!*

(I just made this up.Well statues dont sigh,but thats what I imagine it would have done had it been able to .)

Me:Ok.I have heard stories in which you grant wishes,lets clear up some things.

  • Either people dont get what they actually want because of you outwitting them on what they asked for OR
  • They are never satisfied with that wish and die unsatisfied and unhapy OR
  • You fulfill their wishes but in the end they realise that its all moh-maya.
  • Also some people try to be clever,and ask for the famous paradoxical wish that everything they wish for comes true.AND then their life goes on to follow a trajectory similar to the movie Bruce Almighty.
  • Some people anger you with their wishes,and instead get cursed.
  • Some phonies declare that they dont need anything and are satisfied with what they have,and in the end ...dont get anything .
So...to be precise...I dont want my wishes to be limited by the fact that I am only human,and can make mistakes,and dont have a deep philosophically understanding of the universe as you do.
So lets just say,since you're a god, you go deep into my mind,see what I want to be happy and what I really need, and fulfill it as much as your powers allow you to.(no offence)

Somehow ,the LORD (or the idol) seemed to gape at me with wide eyes,baffled look.


Me: Ok now I really need to move on.I dont want to be partial,because else I might have to face the wrath of the Other LORDS out there.(Forgive me for thinking so, because as it might be the case- GOD IS ONE. and even if you are not one..I mean you all are not one...you are supposed to be very broad-minded.Such fears are,in part,promoted by games like Caesar 3 and Age of Mythology)

Moving on...

With Lord(ess?) Saraswati up next..

Me:Hey.So you are the goddess of knowledge and arts.So..uhmm I should ask for something academic and intellectual.

Somehow,the statue seemed to narrow its eyes,to give that saracastic look girls often give.

Me:Oh dont be offended. See I am not a bad kid.I well...follow the general ethics..being helpful ,spiritual and all.Its just that I am more than often involved in the moral religious dilemma of believing in you or not.So I here(me here) may seem derogatory.In any case,as i said,I am a good kid.
So....well....I am wishing for somethings here...and just have a chat with lord Krishna before taking any further action.Ofcourse,it would be very comfortable for me if you are one and the same.(But very awkward for you!)


********Confidential wishes**************

Next...Shiva the Destroyer.

Me:
Well... Er... Dont destroy me.




P.S:
  1. I sincerely apologise to anyone who is hurt by this post,and I want to make it clear that I dont really mean the apology.
  2. This actually happened with me in the temple.Though it is slighly overblown and exagerrated.
  3. I felt really calm and peaceful in the temple,though I wanted to resist thinking all these wierd thoughts.
  4. I feel that this turns out to be a nice satire on the concept of God ,which , when put alongside the beliefs propounded by the believers (like God is one,impartial etc.), is self contradictory.
  5. No offence god.I do really believe in you.You are great! (I dont really believe,but why take the risk?)
  6. Oh shit If gods read this,then I am going to HELL!
  7. It would be nice of you all to drop a comment,I really want to see the general opinion.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

enjoyed reading!
awesome, hilarious, satirical...
your best post ive ever read...
well, you're not alone, im in your league of agnosticism

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

pagal ho gaya hai tu

HacKitT said...

actually enjoyed reading...

-K

Rohan said...

I am agnostic as well.....
but yeah sometimes I do believe in God :P

nice post :)

Piyush said...

@Everyone:
Thanks guys.Agnosticism is gaining popularity.Though the optimistic guy in me hopes that some day god turns up and proves me wrong,or some day it can be proved that god isnt there,

Unknown said...

@piyush...
maybe, some day i can be proved dat god "is" there... but there is no way to prove dat hez not there... i hope you get my point...

Piyush said...

yea I got that..Thats what the agnostic in me says.But the optimistic in me hopes that someday something beyond our comprehension happens...like proving he isnt there.As in we get the answer to each and every question..life universe and everything..the ultimate knowledge..beyond everything.

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

ok, piyush here is my view on agnosticism and believer if anyone bothers to read..
i belive in God
though i am somewhat agnostic, i don't see what the problem is as long as you consider God as a power within yourself or something like that and don't go fanatic over the issue;
here's a quote :
• “We all have a voice inside us that will guide us. It may be God. But if we shut out all the noise, clutter from our lives and listen to it, it will tell us the right thing to do.” –Christopher Reeve
so i follow God that way , i mean i like calling that force God and i go to temples often as well as it rids my mind of all the tension ,i don't know how

Piyush said...

@sid:That was the philosophy highlighted in the first post..we are Godlike.. :P