Thursday, July 9, 2009

Some Holiday moments

Parents are funny....

"This looks like a bank statement.Credits earned etc.. What the hell is it?"
My Dad , while looking at my Semester II grade card.


"Skying Flew/Bird's Fly/ THE Sklew"
Names given by Mom to the new pandemic gripping the world.

"You should really be able to identify edible plants .Like in college, you should easily be able to spot a tulsi plant in front of like say,the law department."
Dad lecturing. After recovering from my bafflement , I sarcastically asked "Law department in IIT?"

"To make an impression in front of your juniors ,always have a first aid kit ready with you."

Maybe Bhatta and Sahil Singla would be the coolest ones next years, acc. to Dad. ;)

Others:

"Sundar bhaiya, 50 Rupiye de do. JINGER khana hai"

A beggar in front of KFC to my utter disbelief. India is for sure getting westernized.

Friends:

"This is so Bollywood"
Tarasha, on for a short vacation, who watched Slumdog in US and US based Kambakkht Ishq here.Its a pity I wasnt able to convince her to watch 'New York'.

"I would love to meet those dumb blondes"

Me to Tarasha.She did come across the Dumb blondes, American Dudes, Geeky Asians,and Cool Niggas out there.

Cricket:

If a three-year-old is bowling me out, it's time to move over.

Michael Vaughan read the retirement signals loud and clear when his son Archie knocked out his off stump in the garden


3 comments:

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

What was that Bhatta and Sahil Singla, will be the coolest next year thing..and it was confusing similarly on some more issues..anyway, you took to dialogues as well. you were right, doesnt' work for you much nicely, alike the rest of your blog content
Michael Vaughan thing was only really good

Piyush said...

@Rohan: That was probably the shortest comment I ever got.

Sid:
Sahil and you carry a big first aid kit dont you?
Anyways.I was the one who started dialogue posts..so what do you mean by 'you took to dialogues as well.'

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

according to the recent trends, I mean no one knew or read you writing, so it counts as Divyam who started it