Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Misunderstood Matters

Sometimes for doing a noble deed you have to 'act' selfish. People clash, interfere and try to replace your vision for the deed with their own. They manipulate,change and in most cases stop everything altogether. and Then the only way to get the work done is portray your actions as being done for self interest,rather than for the general good.
Everyone wants to be part of a noble deed,even if they in some way, hinder it .But no one wants to interfere with the work of a selfish man unless they themselves feel threatened.

On the other side of the coin,what most people do is disguise their self interest as a noble deed for the general good. There is a thin line between these two, which is difficult for other people to see.

Intricate..........but in my life,I have taken the bitter pill.

7 comments:

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

which is difficult for other people to see.
define other...who?
define bitter in the last line, which of the paths..
anyways, as per me this is the best article, but you should have not written that publicly. It's like
Don't tell a worthless guy, the truth about himself. as is for sure, the second category.
I agree to each and every of your line, now that I have understood much of the matters of life.
Don't deviate according to people's will, it is necessary to be selfish to be succesful working for the greater good, mainly because people of the second criteria are willing to compete as well. (I must say it's a transformation in me now, that makes me think, I am now in the first kind, and earlier was definitely- worthless.)

HacKitT said...

I just finished reading the fountainhead....and this post resonates with the book....

-K

Piyush said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sakshi said...

@HacKitT
my thoughts exactly..

Piyush said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

I think the second matters shouldn't really matter , specially when loser elements like me have stopped complaining and defaming.
I know each and every time, what you mean, I just wanted to see the response.
Actually,I classify it like this:
A. Capable of making a difference, the so-called geeks or ajeeb
B. Genuinely cool
C. Worthless
The world is full of C.s who don't want the truth and what you say about this:
Enduring losers is an art in itself.

pgm said...

"But no one wants to interfere with the work of a selfish man unless they themselves feel threatened."

Interesting...
(but dunno why this post got so much criticism!)

I dunno how you end up being noble by acting selfish, and I dont know how people who try to be noble end up hindering nobility.