Thursday, July 16, 2009

Breaking the Fourth Wall

I was reading my last year's posts a while back.And I noticed that my writing style has surely changed...for the worse.I noticed that I was a lot frank and light hearted back then...and writing was a lot easier.
or Is it that I myself has changed over the year? I dont think so...But I do feel the increased number of readers of my blog has affected me ,my ideas and what I decide to publish.Somehow the words I publish do not convey the feeling I want to convey(thats what I felt reading a recent article I wrote on girls). So I have decided on NOT publishing stuff for a while and just saving them..and then publishing it later.That way I wont be conscious of the reader's gaze while writing anything and I will live freely again.
Another thing I have noticed is the lines I write without thinking anything are the most original and describe my feelings in the most honest way,and when I keep editing something in pursuit of a better english or better reading experience for a viewer ,my original thoughts get corrupted in the process.
So..well..thats it I guess.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

don't do that yarr... keep blogging... there are not many blogs which i find interesting... your absence will be sad for me...

Mainak said...

Oh well! Most bloggers do face such dilemmas. I am sure you'll get over it & find a way to express yourself in a manner that not only suits you but your readers as well!

And as Divyam said, keep blogging!

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

One thing I will say..
"or Is it that I myself has changed over the year? I dont think so..."
You are wrong a bit. Anyways, it looks like a cover-up for your decreased blogging habits when college opens
In my case, when I have reviewed my wrong, it's changed for the better, at least as per me

Piyush said...

@Divyam:I am not stopping it..just less frequency.
@Bhatta:Yeah,College opening is part of it.

pgm said...

puppy lol, you have weird reasons for blogging :P
I suppose we all have our own weird reasons, but anyway... :)