Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On the Sidewalk

I like sitting on the sidewalk on the Outer Ring road early morning and watch the traffic pass-by.The slow glowing up of the sky and the accompanying gradual disappearance of headlights.It gives a perspective on life where the disappointments and turmoils of college life are insignificant. It reminds me that somewhere out there, there is a bigger picture, a bigger world. I will graduate in about 1.5 years. But this road will remain.The traffic will be the same. and somewhere down the years, maybe there'll be another student sitting on the pavement and scribbling on the handout he was supposed to read. He might not have been suffering from the same romantic disappointments or disillusionment that I have, he might not have been bearing a burden and feeling helpless, but in this one moment on the road out thoughts will align. and if I  still exist then, I would probably be far far away dealing with a whole new set of cobwebts.

No comments: