Wednesday, December 17, 2008

To Kill A Mockingbird ...8/10

What do you call 2000 mockingbirds???
"Two Kilo Mockingbirds"(lol)
Ok.I agree it was a big big PJ.But dont make the mistake of relating the quality of the joke with the movie,because the movie more than just justified(pun intended) its #47 ranking on imdb.
I actually fell in love with the child actress in the movie ,Mary Badham.(*This is not a result of the acute shortage of girls in my life.Watch the movie,and then argue that she didnt deserve to be nominated for an Oscar*)....But,as unlucky as I can get with girls,the movie was made in 1962,and Mary Badham ,has attained a grandma's age.(LOL)She narrowly lost out on the Oscar,and she dint appear in any other movie for another 40 years,which is strange but respectable.As for the movie,it was not sentimental, thrilling, humourous, inspiring or anything like that.It was just a simple heartwarming movie,and the thing that amazes the most is how good a movie can get without losing its simplicity.
and by the way,it was my first Black and White English movie.

3 comments:

pgm said...

your FIRST black and white movie?? hmmm! maybe you've forgotten something?

and if that female was back in business 'after 40 years', which movie's she in? Maybe i cud get my hands on it and fall for her then?? :P

have you READ To Kill a Mockingbird?

Piyush said...

Maybe I've frgotten something.thats possible
but when i watched it ,it felt that its the first time im watching a black and white one.
The movie yu're asking for is "Our Very Own Son" (2005) .I guess it didnt do well.

I havnt read it..and yes...I had previously decided that I'll read the novel first..But then I read that this is one of the rare cases where the writer was herself happy with the movie.
So I changed my mind

pgm said...

i've read it... must see it!