Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Life in a Metro

As the Moon,Venus and Jupiter formed a beautiful celestial triangle in the night sky,I continued my suddenly-turned-insouciant life.Its not easy to believe that our first semester is already over--six months passed by in no time.
The week that went by was heavenly.No studies,two visits to Select City Walk,My first experience in a metro train,roaming around palika bazaar,playing baddy and tennis for hours ,till 2-3 am - and being with friends all this time.
Looking back at this semester,I am fully satisfied-and I have learnt a lot.The one thing I like most about IIT D is that the campus is always abuzz with some event or the other.There were all kinds of cultural and classical performances ,academic lectures and speeches,visits by eminent personalities(notable e.g. Bill Gates!) etc etc. and then there are those never-ending non comps and inter hostel comps.I'd definitely miss all these during the holidays.But then there are other things to lk forward to in Chandigrah- old friends,Christmas,and ...the grandest party(as ppl say) in Chandigarh- The SJOBA Winter Ball.

7 comments:

pgm said...

just a guess but is SJOBA St. John's Old Boys' Association???

in our skul, its just called the OBA, and we have a ball in first week september, and i went for it once... felt pretty outta place, but anyway... :P

Who're you going with to this ball? < Assuming you dont go alone... >

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

Hey Pradeep ,in my stupid old school ,it was BOSS-Bhavan old Students Society; not some OBA, (it was not a gay school either).
And Piyush ,you've things to do in these holidays ,they are a jewel don't undermine them with some memories of IIT...we have that place for 5 more years.

Piyush said...

@PGM:
Your guess is,as is usually the case,correct.
Its nt compulsory to go with someone ,but ppl generally dont go alone.
I went for my ball once as well,in 11th,alone,and it was quite boring(if i tell this to any other johnian,they would blow up with anger) .
but ofcourse the food was awesome.
and im still looking forward to meeting all my friends,who have now spread out in all parts of the world.

Piyush said...

@chuha:
squeak squeak squeak(lols!)

Equivalence said...

@piyush
oye dude!!
even if i havent been to the ball i know one thing for sure that the ball is everything but boring.

Piyush said...

@Abhinav:
Yea...,but that time I went ,it was boring.Firstly,You know that I dont dance,and second,I didnt bother to look at all the pretty faces there.(that time)

pgm said...

Haha, the only thing I got outta the ball when I had gone, was that The Boxer (i dint even know its name then, just lyrics) was a famous song, not some folk song that I had thought my dad had picked up when he was a kid.
Lai la lailai Lai la lai, Lai la lai. (Dishshsh-um)
Lai la lailai Lai la lai lalalalai lai!
:)