Sunday, May 17, 2009

Movies Update

I've been watching a great mix of movies these days.With the advent of world movies on my TV, my sister's external HDD which has app.300 movies...and my own database of critically acclaimed movies, I've not missed any oppurtunity of
putting them to use and escaping my monotonous world .



Its 12 midnight. You are world weary.You decide to see a movie.You're loving it.The whole movie centres on the plot.Every scene of the movie builds up on the climax.but at the end of it...you're not able to understand what happened.and Then you realise that probably you didnt understand the whole movie.

Thats exactly what happened with me and Donnie Darko.But finally I was able to make sense of the climax fully(after thinking over the movie for like 10 mins!)...Its great in this respect! When was the last time you sat down with a pen and paper to undertstand a movie?
The ending is a bit sad and touchy. Jake Gyllenhaal was fabulous and the Soundtrack totally psychedelic.
A must watch for everyone..Especially those interested in psychology and philosophy of time travel.


Movie ratings:

Donnie Darko: 9.5/10

Amelie :9/10
(a beautiful French movie which has deservedly risen to imdb #44)

My Little Bride: 7/10
( a korean movie...In which a senior college student marries a 1st yearite! liked it because the beautiful relationship b/w them and the eastern culture )

The Other Boleyn Girl: 5/10
Scent of a Woman : 6/10
Priceless : 6/10 (another French movie)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah. If you're a fan of Jake Gylenhaal, try watching Brokeback Mountain. Its a lovely movie!

Siddharth Bhattacharya said...

i can't help wondering how throuhg various paths life leads you to the same path. I remember you saying abt Brokeback Mountain, Pradeep liked it but I think it is his type only- strange ones he likes . And now again you've been recommended the same thing

Piyush said...

yea...I would have thought that anonymous guy is pradeep only trying to play a prank.

pgm said...

What can I say? Took you long enough!!! By the way, it wasn't a prank. It just so HAPPENED, that I wasn't signed into google, and I thought, why not!

Piyush said...

I guessed it as soon as I read the comments.They had a 'pradeepish' air to them.