Monday, July 28, 2008

Being a Facha..part 1

Mosquitoes killed:4-5(one is still in my book struggling b/w life and death)
Mosquito bites:11-12 (war is on!)
Girls shortlisted:6
No. of rooms slept in in last 2 days:4
B'day wishes from outside campus:7
Ppl whos lives are in danger for forgetting my b'day:3

Well it was my first week in what aman sarcastically desribes as "the premier insitute of india". and theres too much to tell.It was more interesting than my last 3 months put together.What a contrast it has been---- From that what seemed like an year of solitude to a whole new world altogether.Hundreds and thousands of new faces,loads of new friends,new places to explore,new thrills to experience,new professors to admire,new classes to sleep in, and a whole new set of girls to chase.
Let me start by introducing my roommates.The room that defines and reaffirms India's status of cultural unity.Welcome on board my blog --Pradeep George Mathias,the guy who doesnt know hindi and Raghvendra Pratap Singh,the Rajput from UP.
Pradeep is from Bangalore and his dad is a professor in IISc,Bangalore.He is supposed to represent India in The International Informatics Olympiad in Egypt next month.He doesnt speak hindi,and that, as you might guess,is a lot of fun.He is a Christian,and pretty studious and most importantly,modest.He might help me in my quest to improve my english,and maybe my gpa too,if I ever get out of track.
If ever someone had to choose a roommate very different from pradeep,and good in qualities that he lacked,he would choose Mr. Raghvendra Pratap Singh a.k.a RP or Raghu.He is strogly built guy,and the fact that he is a rajput is no contradiction.He is VERY fond of girls,got a good sense of humour(especially in pulling legs,if that makes a sense),has his headphones on all the time and has almost all the attributes of organisms called hunk in common slang.He was the one who taught me how to use the washing machine,and he is the only guy I know jo sid ki baja sakta hai without getting a reaction from him.
As of now,I have abandoned all plans I had of changing my room before coming here.
Yesterday I had my Intro with the seniors,and they made me aware of an all new designation I had. I am a "facha" a term derived from FRESHER BACHA.I am also a "matka",derived from MTech.And as a resident of Hostel Jwalamukhi I am an IC,a term which uptill a few years back described us as Instiute Champions,but,quiet expectedly,changed to INSTITUTE CHUTIYA.
to be continued...

No comments: